Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dirty Job but someone has to do it!! But not me!

Don & I had noticed for a while that our shower corners had cracks in the grout. We had talked about fixing them and I told Don that I didn't want to do it but he could if he wanted.  We never got around to it.

When Don was out walking Abby last week he saw a truck at one of the houses in our neighborhood that was a tile company and he talked to the guy and had him come over to give us an estimate. They also acid washed the tile and grout and then sealed the grout.  We thought maybe a couple of hundred dollars.
Our grout was really dirty and had never been sealed.
BEFORE

























The tile guys(3 of them) showed up on Monday to start cleaning.  Two workers and 1 boss.  I stayed home from workout to keep an eye on them.  They were really hard workers, polite and cleaned up their mess.

















































They acid washed the floors & showers in the kitchen & master bath on Monday.

























The boss cleaned a spot in front of the fan to show me the difference the acid wash could do on the grout. Can you see the difference? I was impressed. He was sure to tell me that he couldn't guarantee it to come out all the same color. He really wanted to regrout with a new color for another $500. We opted out of that and just wanted to have it cleaned and then sealed. They recaulked the showers and fixed the cracks. 

































Tuesday they showed up early to work on the entryway, hallway, guest bath & utility room.  Don & I went to play pickleball and got back home about noon.  After lunch the boss started the sealing of the grout and he suggested we leave because of the smell.  Don went to the clubhouse and I went shopping.  When I returned about 5:00 they had finished pretty much and Don had paid them.

They came back today and did some touch-ups.  They have 2 more jobs in the neighborhood already.

I love my clean floor.
AFTER ( the dark grout on the right is wet)




























The job was a lot more than $200!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment