Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beginning of Fall!

Today was windy, rainy and cool.  I could feel fall in the air. 

I walked 10 miles at the lake this morning.  I got a late start, after 9:00.  The first 6 miles were windy but not bad. As I headed around the dam side of the lake on the north side the wind was picking up with some gust about 40 mph.  I was having to lean forward to walk and it was blowing me around. The last mile it was raining & had dropped in temp about 10 degrees. I was glad to get to the car.  Only 2 wks until the walk.

Ricki called to day to tell me she was shopping at Chico's and asked what size I bought there. I told her about 1 1/2. She was so proud of herself because she was able to buy 1's.  Hooray for her!!!! I am so proud of her. She is so much happier now because she is feeling good, looking good and moving back to OKC.  It's about time.

I guess I better lose some weight!

I went to Affair of the Heart on Friday and walked 7 huge buildings and found a new purse & some fall stuff.  I really enjoyed looking at everything. Lots of people because the schools were out for fall break.

Mother isn't feeling very good.  She is very sore but doesn't take the aleve regular because she is afraid it will constipate her. Getting in and out of bed is the hardest because of the soreness.  She did get home health care again and that helps.  The nurse came last Thurs. and will come again on Monday.  I'm going to get her some prunes to help with the constipation. 

Ricki and John will be coming next week to bring a load of furniture to put in the cottage on the Epworth campus where John will be living until they get a house. Tom & Judy will stay with him until they get a house to live in.  Hopefully Tom & Judy will be finding one in our neighborhood. 

I'm starting to plan for Thanksgiving.  Usually we go to Kenna's for Thanksgiving. With Ricki & Lori's families in transition we are going to have Thanksgiving at my house or the clubhouse. Lori is moving to Washington State.  Not sure if it will be Thursday or Friday.  Saturday is out because OU and OSU play in Stillwater and several are going to that game. Stacy and Dave are coming to OKC the Saturday before Thankgiving and will stay a week.

November will be a busy month but looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Only two more weeks until your walk? Time flies!
    Look at all you've accomplished- very impressive

    ReplyDelete