Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back in OKC

Headed back to OKC on Wednesday, September 29th and after 111/2 hrs & lots of potty stops we pulled into our neighborhood to a house that was still standing.  That is always something that I worry about. Unpacked the car and went to bed tired.

So much to do!

Thursday - starting putting some things away, went to Sam's and Target to restock the kitchen,went to Mom's in the afternoon.  We were really glad to see each other, caught up on news and family, & cleaned up the computer some.  So glad to be back & be able and keep an eye on her.

Friday - walked 6.3 miles along Lake Hefner. Unpacked suitcases. Bought two new pairs of tennis shoes for walk. Worked in the yard (backyard was a mess) too many weeds and grass in the flowerbeds.

Before cleanup
After cleanup











Proof that I was working

Grass & weeds that I pulled out
Bachelor Buttons before I trimmed them. They had lots of blooms earlier in the summer

















Saturday - walked at Hefner lake in new shoes for 16 miles(needed to do 18). Walked completely around which is 10 miles and then back to Stars & Stripes Park.  Don met me there with a sandwich. This made for a good break and then I turned around and walked back to the car.  I could feel the blisters growing so I quite when I got to the car. I got 3 new blisters and didn't walk the 15 that I needed to do today.

Bobby & Roger from Ruidoso called & told us that Thena's new husband (Elree Gandy) had a heart attack yesterday and they airlifted him to Lubbock. She called again today and said he hadn't had a heart attack but he was having a problem when a stint that had been put in earlier. They took it out and replaced with a new one. I can't believe her luck with husbands. Hope he recovers soon. I think they are going home on Tuesday.

I've got a couple of pictures from Ruidoso I wanted to show.  The first one is the rug I bought at the garage sale and it needed a home in my cabin.  The other one is an old large satellite disk that was painted like a basket.  It actually looks like a large basket.  It is in front of an art gallery.  Very pretty.





























Sunday - got in a short walk but started talking to a neighbor and time got away.  Got all the weeds from the backyard put in trash for pickup in the morning. Flowerbeds need some more work in them still.

Don & I went over to Mom's & he cleaned up her computer. 

I found a place to play pickleball. The guy (Don Stanek) returned my email and invited me to play tomorrow.  It is at the Sante Fe Club where we use to play tennis.  Hope they are good players.

Lows tonight are suppose to be in the low 40's maybe could be a frost. Then later in the week turning hot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment