Monday, September 20, 2010

Don's motorscooter accident!

Today was a little too exciting for me.

I started walking about 8:00, I had 13 miles to walk. I was going to meet Don at the pickleball court about noon. I got a call from him about 9:00 and he asked where I was and said he needed some help.  After asking several questions I finally got out of him that he had had an accident on the scooter. I was walking with a friend so we walked to her car and she brought me home.

Summary of the Accident:
Don started to pickletball and was about 1/2 mile from the house going east into the sun. He was going about 15 miles an hour downhill with the glare of the sun in his eyes and didn't see the deer in the road about 10 ft in front of him.  He didn't hit it but skidded about 4 ft to the right and the scooter fell over to the left on him. His ankle was under the scooter and he landed on his elbow bone and shoulder.  Here of the pics!



He got the scooter off of himself and drove it back home and then called me. They took xrays and nothing was broken. Thanks goodness!

After they cleaned it up, decided their wasn't enough skin left to stitch up. They butterflied it with tape, gave him a tentinus shot, antibiotics and sent us home.

He was bleeding really bad and has all day. His shoe wasn't red before.
Scooter has some damage on the left side mirror, left turn signal, front left fender.  Minimal damage to machine. Lots more damage to human.

Hope he feels better tomorrow.  I got 6 more miles in tonight.

Now to Abby.  We were suppose to pick her up at the vet's on Saturday. When we called she suggested we leave her until Monday.  Don called today (Mon) and she wanted to keep her another night. Beginning to wonder if Abby is really really bad or maybe this vet doesn't know what she is doing.  We are picking her up tomorrow for sure.  I hope.  Really miss that little girl around here.  Don made a couple of ramps for the bed and couch for her to use.  Hope she will use them and not jump up and down. Her parents will have to do a better job at keeping her inactive while her back heals this time.

I've found a girl (Sharon Allen) that will walk pretty good distances with me.  She is a pickleballer and walked 9 miles on Sunday and about 7 1/2 today.  That makes that time go a lot faster. She lives in McKinney, TX.   We went over to her house on Saturday night with several of more of their friends and had drinks, snacks, pizza, desert and rummikub. Fun time!
Gotta have a better day tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Geez Vic. Not a good day at all. Poor Daddy, that will take a while to heal. Hope Dad and Abby get better soon. Love you

    ReplyDelete