Saturday, August 28, 2010

Busy Saturday!!

Started out tired and it was a very busy day. Our neighbors on both sides of us are here for a week or so. That means a lot of visiting and activity. With it being Saturday we had several garage sales and I found a beautiful set of dishes that I bought. 8 dishes,12 lg bowls 4 sm bowls,12 salad plates, platter, salt & pepper, gravy boat & dish, sugar & creamer for $50. They are a beautiful brown and very rustic looking. I love them. Don thought I paid too much & didn't think we needed them but you don't find this nice of dishes very often at a garage sale.

Only went to 2 garage sales because one of the neighbors invited us to brunch at 9:30.  Great breakfast burritos and fruit along with conversation.

We skipped lunch and got our 5 miles in at the fitness trail. Tomorrow I have 14 miles and Monday 10 miles.  I hope I make it.

My neighbor Thena called when I got home and she had fallen last night on the dance floor while out with her boyfriend and  made a trip to ER. No broken bones but bruised up.  She wanted me to help boyfriend put clean sheets on bed.

Washed all the new dishes and made room in the cabinets by taking out other dishes I had bought at garage sales and packing away.

Gave Abby a bath, she really needed it and is doing better everyday with her walking.

Another neighbor came by about 5 and wanted us to come and eat catfish.  Wanted me to help him cook.  I had a headache but hated to tell him no.  We had a good time and they always provide Don with good wine.
Glad I didn't have to clean up the dishes.  I have to stop eating!!

Took Abby for night walk and checked in on Thena again.  She wasn't feeling well. 

Cont Yellowstone 8/12/10


This is still in the Old Faithful area and the Old Faithful Inn.  This is a beautiful old building and we watched Old Faithful erupt from the balcony for the 3rd time.






We were heading to West Thumb which is the south end of Yellowstone Lake. W stopped at Kepler cascade on the way.



This is in the West Thumb area around Yellowstone Lake.








Beautiful water lillies on this part of the river.
As we were leaving the West Thumb area Marilyn called and said she had gotten in and we decided to meet her inside the park at Firehole Falls. She wanted to use her new Golden Age Park pass to get into the park.


Elk we spotted on the way home.
We were glad to see Marilyn and have our private tour guide again. We planned for our drive to the Grand Tetons on Friday that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment